[Help-librejs] LibreJS + Iceweasel + HTTPSEveryWhere = blank screen

From: Alberto Mena
Subject: [Help-librejs] LibreJS + Iceweasel + HTTPSEveryWhere = blank screen
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2016 18:04:42 +0200

Hi everyone,

I wonder if it is possible to have the LibreJS Mozilla-based browser add-on running during usual web usage (surfing, mailing, reading news...), or if by the other hand this is something unthinkable because the add-on will actually block everything due to the nontrivial JavaScript present basically everywhere.

Which is your experience with this add-on, are you daily users and are satisfied with it?

My personal experience, wherever I try to connect to by using the LibreJS add-on, is that all pages still trying to load the content without success producing browser blank screens with no connection error message. Are you so unlucky like me? I do not understand if the add-on works fine by itself but cannot deal with secured connections (HTTPSEveryWhere add-on), if the problem is Iceweasel browser even if it is said to work for Mozilla-based browsers, or even if the add-on has been developed as a monitor tool for highlighting LibreJS-compliant web sites, and therefore with daily web usage not in mind.

I think I am not using the add-on in the proper way, so I really appreciate your comments as LibreJS users :)

Thanks in advance!
Alberto