[Help-librejs] Trivialize all Javascript?

From: John Lewis
Subject: [Help-librejs] Trivialize all Javascript?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 08:29:08 -0400

https://dzone.com/articles/there-no-such-thing

https://trisquel.info/en/forum/javascript-code-must-be-eliminated-not-j
ust-made-free

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4189245/whats-the-best-way-to-prote
ct-proprietary-html-css-javascript

https://www.reddit.com/r/javascript/comments/6vbhz6/can_we_stop_using_t
he_pejorative_nontrivial/

Reading these articles, I am wondering if there is some other tactic
that can be used. Maybe we can remind people that any website is just
giving away javascript like candy and letting you copy and execute it
wherever you like, with no reasonable expectations of any rights to it,
and that they are giving out the source code.

Maybe a friendly reminder that all of their javascript code is trivial
would get some behavior change among web developers, hopefully in the
way we want them to change.