[Help-librejs] Free license undetected for highlight.js

From: Hrishikesh Barman
Subject: [Help-librejs] Free license undetected for highlight.js
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 01:46:38 +0530

Hello,

I was trying to pass all checks by librejs for my personal blog[1]
and it fails on the license for highlight.js,
which is a syntax highlighting library used by many sites.

Upon looking up the license for highlight.js[2]

I found that it seems to be the BSD-3-Clause license[3]

Following the Setting Your JavaScript Free guide[4] I added the
following to my `/javascript.html` in my blog and added the link to
/javascript on every page of my blog.

my /javascript.html : https://geekodour.github.io/javascript/

Even after mentioning that highlight.js is using BSD-3-Clause in
/javascript.html, librejs is still showing the fail message.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, I think it would be great to have a FAQ section for the messages
librejs shows. For example, I am getting the message : "External script with no
known
license".

A FAQ sections with all the fail messages and the solutions to it will be a nice
to have in addition to the things mentioned in[4]

[1] https://geekodour.github.io
[2] https://github.com/highlightjs/highlight.js/blob/master/LICENSE
[3] https://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause
[4] https://www.gnu.org/software/librejs/free-your-javascript.html

--
Hrishikesh Barman
GPG Key: 286783F83BB6403B77143C3673DD3094CD25F1CF