Re: [Help-librejs] About non-free JavaScript files

From: The FLOSS Information
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] About non-free JavaScript files
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 15:38:41 +0300

Since I am using a content management system, it will be difficult to remove some non-free _javascript_ files. I agree with you about Disqus.

15.07.2019, 15:08, "Dmitry Alexandrov" <address@hidden>:

The FLOSS Information <address@hidden> wrote:

 I think there are non-free _javascript_ files on my blog. It seems to be a bit difficult for me to throw them out because Disqus and Google Custom Search are offered on my content management system. What can I do?

 https://theflossinformation.gitlab.io/

You can stop using Google Custom Search and Disqus, of course. As for Google, the freedom-friendly replacement is rather straightforward, as Google _does_ allow you to embed their normal search (which, as you know, works well with no any client-side programs), if you know the magic option. MWE:

,

As for Disqus, I am not aware of any direct replacement. The approach itself, that is placing the initial post of the thread on your own website, while outsourcing replies to it to some third-party network, actually, looks dubious to me.

--
Saygılarımızla,
The FLOSS Information