Re: SPDX License definitions

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: SPDX License definitions
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 13:31:14 -0400

On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 10:26:16 -0400 Ian wrote:
> including responding to some other messages on this list :)

Ian -

that is good news - i have been wondering about the state of
this project recently - other than yourself, i am the only one
who has answered any support questions in a long time - i have
also been the only team member in the IRC channel for years

there has been a lot of interest on the mailing lists recently,
which is good; but librejs really needs to prioritize user
support - that is probably the most critical factor for
encouraging adoption

after someone noticed recently that librejs was no longer
available in the mozilla add-on repo, and no one responded to
explain why, i had to ask ruben about it on IRC during the
weekly trisquel dev meeting - i did not respond to the mailing
list about that, because im not too clear on what the problem
actually is; but ruben hinted that there may be some regression
that caused librejs to be broken with mozilla >= v68 - if that
is the case, it could be holding back the next release of
icecat; so this seems rather important - do you know more about
that?

On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 10:26:16 -0400 Ian wrote:
> At FSF we are working on an update

that has me curious as well - there is no recent work apparent
on the savannah or pagure repos - ruben is the only FSF
employee who is listed as a librejs team member; and he has not
interacted with the team publicly for almost a year

i assume what you meant was more like: "we are devising a new
plan", than "we have written some new code" - some public
discussion or a status report would be great, especially if
librejs is currently broken