Making State of New Hampshire websites LibreJS-compatible

From: Eric Gallager
Subject: Making State of New Hampshire websites LibreJS-compatible
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 21:12:54 -0500

Hi, I am a state-level legislator in New Hampshire and have a bill
(HB1273, which I call the "SOFTWARE Act") that, among other things,
would require LibreJS compatibility with state websites. It might not
say "LibreJS" specifically in the bill, but that's the basic goal of
the section on proprietary javascript. The bill has been mentioned on
libreplanet-discuss recently:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libreplanet-discuss/2022-01/msg00044.html
(I'm not subscribed to that list, though, so that's why I'm not
replying there)
I am wondering what sort of assistance that LibreJS developers and
users could provide to our state Department of Information Technology
to help this happen? Note that there is some Nitter discussion of the
LibreJS provision here:
https://nitter.net/cooljeanius/status/1481231381502046211
Thanks,
Eric Gallager