ipqbdb-users

Re: [ipqbdb-users] Is ipqbdb this still being maintained?

From: Alessandro Vesely
Subject: Re: [ipqbdb-users] Is ipqbdb this still being maintained?
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 20:34:47 +0100

Hi Didar,

On 31/Jan/11 12:46, Didar Hossain wrote:
> I got to know of this program from the 'links' section of fail2ban site.
>
> Is this program still being actively maintained?

Yes, there are not many users (AFAIK) but I, for one, continue to need
and use it.  There are no outstanding shortcomings, but I'm planning a
small efficiency-oriented change and will upload a new issue when
ready (hopefully not many weeks.)

> I also had a look at this -
>
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/people/viewjob.php?group_id=10071&job_id=551
(wow, I wouldn't have said it was still online)
> I am not sure if I qualify as an "expert" UNIX admin, but, I would like to
> help
> out.

Yes, please!  I have difficulties in figuring out what kind of report
I'd like to see every day.  I already get the relevant number of
packets caught by iptables rules at the end of the day.  Perhaps
number of packets by rule would give more insight?  It is tough to
discriminate distributed attacks from random attacks from unrelated
sources...  Any idea?

Ciao
Ale