librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] Backup / Export of Archive?

From: Claudius
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] Backup / Export of Archive?
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 00:26:10 +0100

Am 08.11.2014 um 19:26 schrieb Matt Lee:
> Last.fm offers an export now? That's great.

The export is at http://www.lastfm.de/settings/dataexporter (you must be
logged in, obviously). The first backup, I made, was created some time
in 2013, so the function is at least one year old.

> I'll look at adding an export feature to GNU FM this week. Would CSV be
> a useful format at first?

Personally, i love JSON, but CSV is fine as well. JSON has the
advantage, that it's very well defined, down to charset (utf-8) and in
CSV you usually have to guess the delimiter and encoding first. But in
the end it doesn't really matter.

I took the liberty of sending you my export as an example.

Thanks for looking into it!

Best wishes,
Claudius