Re: Is there a Scheme macro(?) to use fretboards to generate a generic g

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Is there a Scheme macro(?) to use fretboards to generate a generic guitar strum?
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 22:17:35 +0200

Hi David,

arpeggiateChord = #
(define-music-function (chord) (ly:music?)
Just a warning: inventing unconventional formattings like this (putting
# on a different line as the opening paren) carries the danger of
keeping convert-ly (and syntax highlighters and syntax-sensitive
editors) from recognizing the construct.

Good point, thanks. I got into the habit of adding a newline after # in order to let Frescobaldi's autoformatter create Scheme code that I can copy&paste into .scm files. But of course there's fixscm.sh, and we don't deal with .scm files here anyway.

Lukas