Re: textSpanner - disable repeat of text on new line

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: textSpanner - disable repeat of text on new line
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 14:54:29 -0700

On Sat, Oct 7, 2023 at 1:39 PM Bevan Broun <bevanbroun@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All

When using a text spanner I get the text repeated after a line break, followed by new dashes. Can I disable getting the repeat of the text and only get dashes on the new line? I have a case where the repeated text is banging up against some other text and it would be clearer with just dashes on the new line.

Thanks

\version "2.22.2"

mybar = { c4 d c d }
\score {
  \relative c' {
    \mybar \mybar \mybar
    \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text = "poco a poco accelerando"
    c \startTextSpan d c d
    \mybar
    \mybar \break
    \mybar
    \stopTextSpan
    \tempo "Tempo I"
    \mybar \mybar \mybar \mybar

Try using:

 \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left-broken.text = ""

like this:

\version "2.22.2"

mybar = { c4 d c d }
\score {
  \relative c' {
    \mybar \mybar \mybar
    \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text = "poco a poco accelerando"
    \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left-broken.text = "" % <-- add this
    c \startTextSpan d c d
    \mybar
    \mybar \break
    \mybar