Re:

From: Gian Paolo Renello
Subject: Re:
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 12:10:12 +0200

Thank you for this idea. I suppose i can write something like that:

\sopranoPart = <<
  \new Staff <<
    \new Voice sopranoVoiceOne
     \new Voice sopranoVoiceTwo
    \new Lyrics sopranoLyrics
    \new Lyrics sopranoTransliteration

In order the write two different boxes of any part. Am I right?
00:47, 11 ottobre 2023, Alex <alexandreloomis@gmail.com>:
Hi,

Since you're new and don't seem to have a specific question yet, I'll say how I organize things, and hopefully that helps you pick this up quickly. I start by writing each part separately (counting each voice, lyric, transliteration, etc as its own voice), in its own variable so that it's easy to move around. I then combine the parts, e.g.

sopranoPart = <<
  \new Staff <<
    \new Voice sopranoVoice
    \new Lyrics sopranoLyrics
    \new Lyrics sopranoTransliteration

and so on. If any of these don't look how you want them to, it will be easier to see what to change here than after you put together all the parts. Finally I combine the parts, like

\score {
  <<
    \sopranoPart
    \altoPart

That will also make it easier for other people to see what you're doing if you need help.

Best,
Alex