Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone won't run in background on iOS or announce

From: German Cancio
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone won't run in background on iOS or announce when calls arrive
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 13:21:48 +0200

Karl,

if you are connecting with Linphone iOS to your own PBX (and not linphone.org), you need the PBX to issue push notifications. See the following for more information:

This also requires your own custom compiled version of the Linphone iOS client that will use your own Apple push notification (APNS) credentials. On Android, you can use the stock Linphone app from Google Play by activating “background mode” (Linphone Settings -> Advanced -> Background mode) - where the app will continue to run in the background, and stay connected with the SIP server. That feature isn’t available on iOS as Apple is more restrictive with apps running in the background.

Cheers, Germán