Re: [Linphone-users] New user: U.S. telephone number

From: Jaroslaw Rafa
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] New user: U.S. telephone number
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 14:46:57 +0100

Dnia 12.02.2024 o godz. 10:38:18 john.m.hopkins Hopkins pisze:
> 3) how do I set up the current U.S. Skype number for Linphone?
> (aka "migrating"?)

Last time I checked (it was several years ago), Skype service was not
SIP-based and did not offer a SIP server. So you can't.

Think of it as an attempt to "migrate" Skype text chat to email. You simply
can't, as they are two incompatible protocols.

You must use a phone provider that offers a SIP service.
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa