liquidwar-user

[liquidwar-user] Liquid War 5.6.5

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [liquidwar-user] Liquid War 5.6.5
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 22:57:15 +0100

Hi all,

Super low activity on this list lately. I plaid guilty, honestly,
nothing significant happened in years, say, decades.

Still, without any official release, development went on during all
those years, mostly bug-fixes, packaging and other things so the game
remains all the very same, but at least I'm happy to share the good news
with you: a new version of LW5 is available here:

https://github.com/ufoot/liquidwar5/releases/tag/v5.6.5

It's pretty raw for now, no binary release, I should probably do it but
this takes time and I think this one was long overdue, did not want to
postpone once again just because I could not build for os Foo or Bar.
This release has security fixes (nothing bad, really), packaging stuff
involving Docker images to run the server, and other details. Nothing
super exciting but just a clear message I'm committed to maintaining
that thing, no matter what.

Hopefully I'll post other news here soon, I got a couple ideas which are
promising, but well, we'll see that later.

TLDR: nothing new, if the game works for you, no need to update, but
just, never forget, that thing is alive ;)

ufoot.

PS: sorry for double-post, looks like previous message had a delivery
problem :-/

--
Christian Mauduit            __/\__  ___
address@hidden              \~ ~ / (`_ \   ___