[MIT-Scheme-devel] (no subject)

From: Fred Donovan
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:02:34 -0400

Dear List Members:

Last year, scheme ran fine under windows 2000 as an ordinary user. This year, after applying numerous service packs ( SP4, and subsequent security packs), I cannot run scheme unless I am a member of the administrator's group.

        When I run scheme as a regular user I get the following error:
"The instruction at 0x0042bdcd" referenced memory at "0x00000000. The memory could not be written"

Is there some registry or COM/DCOM security setting that was tightened perhaps by a service pack that I need to address?

        Any pointers on where to begin to explore this would be appreciated.

        Regards,

        -Fred Donovan