[MIT-Scheme-devel] Progress on Fedora Core 1.0 mit-scheme support?

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Progress on Fedora Core 1.0 mit-scheme support?
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:14:08 -0400

   Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:34:43 -0400 (EDT)
   From: "Andrew E. Clark" <address@hidden>

   I remember reading in the archives a month or two ago that, due to some
   strange memory management change, Fedora Core 1.0 does not run mit-scheme.

   Has anybody been actively investigating how to fix this, or even if it's
   possible?

I haven't done anything specific about this.

I have received various reports of problems running MIT/GNU Scheme
under FC2, installed FC2 and everything worked fine.

I'm not inclined to fix the problem with FC1, as it seems not to
happen in FC2.  And the fix is painful: it involves writing a new
linker script which is specific to a particular operating system and
compiler version.