Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Beginner problem using Edwin on Windows

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Beginner problem using Edwin on Windows
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:11:06 -0500

Bruce Turner wrote:
> I click on the Edwin icon and am presented with
> a window which includes the REPL prompt, 1 ]=>. I assume that this is
> REPL Mode. The line "Edwin 3.112" is included in the preamble, so it
> would appear that Edwin is running.

It sounds like the editor isn't starting automatically, as it should.
You are getting a "console" window instead.  Try typing (edit) at the
prompt and see if it works.

Can you tell me the command that appears in the properties for the Edwin
shortcut?  That might help me understand why it's not working.  I'll
need the exact string, including any quotation marks that appear.  Also,
in the window you're currently getting, are there any lines that say
"Unhandled command line options"?  If so I'd like to see them too.