Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Attempted Clean-up of Mac OS X MIT Scheme Port

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Attempted Clean-up of Mac OS X MIT Scheme Port
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 07:20:05 +0000

I tried it last night when he suggested it.  Simply changing the
linker flags isn't enough -- in fact, with just the linker flags,
*all* of that low space is reserved.  With the appropriate changes to
mmap_heap_malloc, though, to pass MAP_FIXED on OS X, it seems to work,
although there is a bizarre, strict limit of 7647 blocks in the heap.
With one more block I get an error that the largest address does not
fit in the datum field of objects; with two or more blocks beyond that
number I get an error about dyld lazy symbol binding failure; and with
many more blocks than that, I consistently get a segfault.