Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] git pull is failing again

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] git pull is failing again
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:31:04 -0400

   Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:46:35 -0700
   From: address@hidden (Matt Birkholz)

   I just did some "git pull"s that balked too.  I assumed it was the
   usual confusion about whether a file has the "ident" attribute nor
   not, and just cleaned up my working directories (again).  Some form of
   "git reset" command seemed to get the thing clean.  In your "clean"
   working directory, "git reset --hard" should suffice.

I have been told to use `git reset --hard' several times before for
other problems I have encountered in clean repositories.  That has
been a little disconcerting, and now problems have shown up in my
working repository.  I'm not sure whether to be glad that I'm not the
only one having these problems -- at least they are not random,
unreproducible failures, but I really can't say I'm inspired with
confidence in Git.