Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] not for 64bit OS?

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] not for 64bit OS?
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 03:14:33 -0800

That's probably the case.  That version of mit-scheme is compiled for
a 32-bit machine; if you don't have 32-bit libraries installed, you
won't be able to run it.

I don't remember if Ubuntu supports having 32-bit libraries loaded on
a 64-bit system; if you want to find out you should check the Ubuntu
forums.

Meanwhile, we are planning a new release, probably in January, that
has 64-bit support.  At that time you will be able to run it as a
native 64-bit program.