[MIT-Scheme-devel] Re: missing "runtime-unx.c"

From: Arthur A. Gleckler
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Re: missing "runtime-unx.c"
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 18:09:23 -0800

Is it actually possible to build starting with only an installed
20090107 binary and an up-to-date Git repository?  Or does one have to
build from a ".tgz" file for the 20090107 C release, then proceed?  I
thought that I had built on my Mac Pro without downloading the C
release, but neither "make-native.sh" nor "make-liarc.sh" works for me
today on my Mac Mini.  The former seems to depends on the existence of
<mit-scheme-c> and the latter can't find "runtime-unx.c".  But I've
probably just forgotten that step in my current jet-lagged state.

I need to understand our build system better.  It's black magic to me right now.

In the meantime, I've managed to build the C back end from the ".tgz"
file for the C release.