Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] make-eq-hash-table

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] make-eq-hash-table
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 02:30:05 -0500

   Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 23:04:29 -0800
   From: "Arthur A. Gleckler" <address@hidden>

   On a related note, in a recent build, I noticed some of my code
   failing sporadically to find certain values in EQ hash tables.
   Depending on the order in which the code was loaded, one particular
   symbol value would be missing from one such table, which was used to
   represent a set of symbols.  I haven't had a chance to track that
   down.  I did spend a few hours trying to create a reproducible test
   case, but failed.  Could this have been caused by the keys being held
   weakly?  In this hash table, the keys are symbols and the values are
   always #t.

If you were using MAKE-EQ-HASH-TABLE to make a hash table keyed by
symbols, then this is probably caused by my 2009-12-02 change, commit
056bfc369b57df0864fd88f40ce26cd0e5da75ed, which enables garbage
collection of interned symbols without global bindings.  If so, try
using MAKE-STRONG-EQ-HASH-TABLE rather than MAKE-EQ-HASH-TABLE.