Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Keywords

From: Joe Marshall
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Keywords
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:13:29 -0700

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Chris Hanson <address@hidden> wrote:
> This should be a per-file option; it's a syntactic hack.

Do we have a per-file marker mechanism?

>  Instead of
> having a global option, invent some kind of # syntax to say what the
> keyword syntax is.  This is how case sensitivity should be handled as
> well, IMO.

The problem with handling case-sensitivity this way is that you want
to close calls to READ over the sensitivity at the call site.  (I found this out
when PLT scheme switched to case-sensitive.  I went and added the magic
# syntax to my files and discovered that it didn't fix the problem.  Calls to
read were being case-sensitive.  It occurred to me that if I'm writing
insensitive
code, I probably want READ to be insensitive, too. (or if it was legacy code,
that I'd be expecting the old behavior).
--
~jrm