[MIT-Scheme-devel] Compiling Scheme Codes into Executables

From: Randolph Chiu Tan
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Compiling Scheme Codes into Executables
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 18:35:16 -0500

Greetings!

I have some questions regarding on how to compile a MIT scheme code into
executable binaries. I tried the compilation procedures in section 4.2 of the
users manual and I get some .bin, .bci and .com files. However, I got errors
that it cannot execute the binary files when I try to execute them in the bash
shell. I have checked the file permissions and I have permission to execute
them. Am I using the compiler correctly?

This is the version information of the GNU/MIT Scheme I used:

Release 9.0.1 || Microcode 15.1 || Runtime 15.7 || SF 4.41 || LIAR/i386 4.118
  Edwin 3.116MIT/GNU Scheme microcode 15.1

I am running it on a Ubuntu 10.04 machine on a 2.6.32-25-generic kernel.

Thanks!