[MIT-Scheme-devel] Running interactive subprocess

From: Diogo F. S. Ramos
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Running interactive subprocess
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 20:13:17 -0300

Hello all,

I am trying to run an interactive subprocess but I'm having troubles
communicating with it.

The subprocess in question is mplayer, which accepts single keystrokes.

I've played with the (run-shell-command) options but I can't get it to
correctly send the chars to the subprocess.

Depending on the options it sends nothing. Other times the input seems
to take a long time to reach the subprocess.

I also can't make it return, which is odd, as commands like "ls -l /"
does return.

I guess the first question is: Is this approach feasible? I mean, is it
possible to control a subprocess by this way?

The second question would be: Is there another approach to it?

--
Diogo F. S. Ramos