Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] MIT-Scheme 9.0.1 performance problem. (cont.)

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] MIT-Scheme 9.0.1 performance problem. (cont.)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 15:04:04 +0000

   Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 14:26:05 +0200
   From: =?UTF-8?B?UHJ6ZW15c8WCYXcgU29ib8WE?= <address@hidden>

   Everything works perfect if I have the macro and execution part in one
   file. I compile the file and execute and get the results as expected.
   The problems occur when I move the macro to another file. Then it
   seems like the compiler treats the execution of push1 as a procedure
   call and not a macro. I get an error: "Variable reference to a
   syntactic keyword: push1". I have some shared macros and don't want to
   copy them to all the other files.

This is because macros in MIT Scheme are a mess, I'm afraid...

The rule is that if luser.scm uses a macro defined in definer.scm,
then you must load definer.scm before compiling luser.scm.