Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] hash-table/modify! and hash-table/intern!

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] hash-table/modify! and hash-table/intern!
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 18:26:47 +0000

I surveyed the uses of HASH-TABLE/INTERN! and HASH-TABLE/MODIFY!.
Turns out

(a) only a tiny minority of (the many) uses of HASH-TABLE/INTERN!
would benefit from the change,

(b) support for interprocedural dynamic-extent closures, if anyone
(i.e., me, presumably) should ever make that happen, would obviate
that benefit anyway and generally be a good thing, and

(c) I found lots of uses outside the tree.

So I decided not to change HASH-TABLE/INTERN!, but I committed the
change to HASH-TABLE/MODIFY! and updated all 1 of the uses of it
outside hashtb.scm in the tree.