Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] GTk+ in MIT-Scheme?

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] GTk+ in MIT-Scheme?
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 23:40:42 -0700

Bless me, like-minded entities, for I have Schemed.

It has been 6 months since my last confession.  Since then I have
completed a rudimentary Gtk-Screen.  (After 6 years!  Yay!)  It builds
on the hack I described in an email to this list: "Splitting screen
into <screen> and <tty-screen>."  It implements <gtk-screen> without
actually touching the code for Edwin's old "editor windows", though
this is hardly The Right Thing.  I am thinking seriously now about
replacing ALL of the old Edwin classes with SOS classes, and getting
the rest of the tty-specific code into <tty-screen>/<tty-window>
methods.

As usual, my code is here:

        http://birkholz.chandler.az.us/~matt/Scheme/

and here:

        git://birkholz.chandler.az.us/~matt/mit-scheme.git

I also dug up my Emacs Lisp emulator, since someone asked.  It was
written to version 7 almost 20 years ago, but was easily updated to
9.0.1 and now is stuck on reading backquotes properly.  The code went
into a branch off master and has nothing to do with <gtk-screen>s.

Yours in Scheme,
-Friar Puck