Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] scheme/edwin build problem?

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] scheme/edwin build problem?
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 18:57:13 -0700

> From: Taylor R Campbell <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 01:04:39 +0000
>
> [...]
>
> Chris recently changed Scheme to preserve the floating-point
> environment across band save/restore, but floating-point environment
> objects are OS-dependent.

They are stored in every suspended thread's floating-point-
environment slot.  We cannot restore a band with suspended threads
anymore?  Not unless an fenv_t is identical (in size AND meaning) on
both host (dumper) and target (restorer)?

Actually, I can roll with that.  If we ship runtime/*.com, the
installer can spin up an all.com optimized for the hardware on which
it is installed.  Despite the lost portabimini, many machines will
still be able to swap bands... no?