[MIT-Scheme-devel] Very curious problem

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Very curious problem
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:43:42 -0700

> From: Matt Birkholz <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 21:20:39 -0700
>
> [...]
> This strategy allows today's master (48c535b) to be built correctly
> using 9.1.1 -- no hand-made compiler-band.com necessary.  Perhaps it
> will fix your problem too...

I implemented the same strategy for LIAR/C and now I can build using
vanilla 9.1.1 on x86-64 (or i386 or C?).  Previously LIAR/C could be
built, but would flip out when it tried to compile anything.

    ;  Compiling file: "anfile.bin" => "anfile.c"...
    ;Anomalous microcode error unassigned-variable -- get a wizard.
    ;To continue, call RESTART with an option number:
    ; (RESTART 1) => Return to read-eval-print level 1.

    2 error>
    End of input stream reached.
    Moriturus te saluto.
    make[2]: *** [liarc-dist] Error 1

I see now that src/etc/compile.sh is used by all-native AND
stamp_native-compile-scheme.  The latter is a stranger to me.  I can
preserve its function (presumably) by moving my patched compile.sh to
a new script (compile-native.sh), but I'd rather think I can just ask
here if `make stamp_native-compile-scheme' is an orphan or a genuinely
useful target.