Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Very curious problem

From: Joe Marshall
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Very curious problem
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:35:04 -0800

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 8:20 PM, Matt Birkholz
<address@hidden> wrote:

> So I hacked compile.sh to follow the examples in
> compile-boot-compiler.sh and compile-svm.sh.  It uses the old compiler
> to syntax and compile the new runtime/, sf/, cref/ and star-parser/.
> The new compiler is then syntaxed with these new versions.
>
>    commit 48c535b41a299714d3b442c5ab68cd5f29f6c99f
>    Author: Matt Birkholz <address@hidden>
>    Date:   Tue Feb 14 21:12:04 2012 -0700
>
>        Syntax new compiler with new runtime, sf, etc.
>
> This strategy allows today's master (48c535b) to be built correctly
> using 9.1.1 -- no hand-made compiler-band.com necessary.  Perhaps it
> will fix your problem too...

I've been trying very carefully to avoid changing things that would
make this necessary.  All of us on the devel list can fairly easily
figure out the steps needed to bootstrap an incompatible upgrade,
but I figure there may be other users out there that simply download
the code on occasion and type make.

Unfortunately, I couldn't avoid the problem when I moved some of
the compiler data from the `node alist' to a slot in the node itself,
so I wrote the note to aid people that might have gotten stuck.

--
~jrm