Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] [commit acae7a5] svm: Port to 64 bit words.

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] [commit acae7a5] svm: Port to 64 bit words.
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 10:52:52 -0700

> From: Taylor R Campbell <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 19:15:05 +0000
>
> I haven't looked closely at SVM in a while.  Is the compiled code
> dependent on the word size of the physical machine that executes it?

Now that you mention it, I think the only dependencies are in
ea:uuo-entry-address and generate/cons-{multi,}closure, and they could
be eliminated with an "indexed" mode address.  I'll see to it unless
you want to.

Is the rest of LIAR already word size independent?  I see just a few
suspicious references to address-units-per-object in opncod.scm and
rtlty2.scm...