Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Patches for current Swank

From: Peter Feigl
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Patches for current Swank
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 10:05:40 +0200

On Wed, 2 May 2012 20:43:49 +0000, Taylor R Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:
>    Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 09:28:31 +0200
>    From: <address@hidden>
>
>    Yesterday I've tried to get current SLIME (2012-03-06 here) to work with
>    MIT/GNU Scheme, and fixed a few things. Find attached my patches. How
>    should I best prepare them so they get a chance at getting accepted into
>    GIT?
>
> It looks like you made some changes against an earlier version of
> swank.scm, from before some of the bugs you fixed were already fixed
> in HEAD, such as some fiddly details with t and nil, and then rather
> than merge the changes you just replaced the new swank.scm with your
> modified one.  Can you separate these changes, if nobody else steps
> forward to integrate the patch?

I have now separated them all out and included more detailed
commentary. These are against GIT as of 2 hours ago. They do not
completely implement everything, but are an improvement over the
existing swank.scm (which does not work at all for me).

Please don't hesitate to tell me if they still are not in an acceptable
format (git-wise or code-wise), so I can further improve them.

Greetings,
Peter