Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] [commit 13b5bca] Fix new build to cross from 9.1.

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] [commit 13b5bca] Fix new build to cross from 9.1.1.
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 18:09:47 +0000

Just pushed some more changes to make `make all-native' build liarc
from native, and to fix some more floating-point miscompilation.

Can't yet build liarc from liarc using `make all-native' because
Makefile.tools isn't set up to build things the liarc way, so I
haven't hooked the default target for liarc to be all-native, but
we're getting closer.

Cross-building a native system with an svm system (again, on the same
machine architecture[*]) should work, but I haven't finished testing
it yet.

[*] Going to another machine architecture won't work because the fasl
files aren't compatible.  We'll need either bintopsb or a portable
fasdumper for that.

That said, given a bintopsb, it shouldn't be too hard to hook it into
the build: `make cross-host' should do everything on the host, and
then you can transfer the tree to a running target, run bintopsb, and
do cross-target to do the rest.

Won't work automatically (we'll need a stamp to prevent `make
cross-target' from trying to run the phony targets that invoke the
host's cross-compiler), but the structure is there at least.