[MIT-Scheme-devel] 9.2?

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] 9.2?
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 19:57:48 +0000

I'm tentatively satisfied with the state of the tree for 9.2 in commit
cf3024a8.  Cross-builds still aren't perfect and liarc can't build
itself (or cross-build anything else) in parallel, but it's good
enough for now: builds from 9.1.1 and works.  Let me know if there are
any outstanding issues.

Someone else should try building it in a few configurations just in
case I broke something I haven't realized, but it's a lot better now
than it was 48 hours ago.  Every configuration I've tried so far
passes all tests:

i386 from 9.1.1/i386
amd64 from 9.1.1/amd64
svm1 from 9.1.1/amd64 (with `--enable-cross-compiling', `make all-native')
liarc from 9.1.1/amd64 (with `make all-native')
liarc from master/liarc
svm1 from master/svm1 (with `make all-native')
amd64 from master/svm1 (with `--enable-cross-compiling')

Every one of these builds took under an hour on my laptop, which was
not otherwise idle.  Every one except liarc from master/liarc used the
all-native target and took under twenty minutes; liarc from
master/liarc took just under an hour, but its build is serial.  The
slowest part was actually running the tests for svm1 -- it takes over
an hour to run them.