Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] help with tracing

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] help with tracing
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 01:26:35 -0700

> From: Catonano <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 09:49:33 +0100
>
> [...]
> The Edwin debugger is what I wanted to show, I think it´s better

I guess I have been hacking Edwin and the ticklish side of the runtime
system for so long I forget that Edwin has a debugger.  I can't really
use a stepper either.

> I was expecting one integrated thing containing both the Edwin
> debugger AND the stepper. So that I could have see the calls, with
> the code highlighted AND I could have stepped to see the following
> phase.

You're thinking of C.  There's a program called gdb that does just
what you are looking for. :-}

> I showed them both, anyway, with a discreet success. I've been asked
> a youtube screencast to reinforce the point ;-)

If you are trying to convince people that they can use Scheme like a
self-dissecting gdb, you're dooming them to frustration.