[MIT-Scheme-devel] Fedora 21 Installation , problem and solution

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Fedora 21 Installation , problem and solution
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 07:38:51 -0700

> From: address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 08:38:35 +0100
>
> Hello, thanks for the great mit-scheme,
>
> I couldn't install it on Fedora 21, but then solved it (by making away the
> prdb4-module) .

When building on a system with db-5 but not db-4 I see this:

        checking db.h usability... yes
        checking db.h presence... yes
        checking for db.h... yes
        checking for db_create in -ldb-4... no

and the prdb4 module is not built.

> The solution and a good package is under
> ==>  http://netspectre.de/mitscheme92/

I could not make much sense of the "patches" I found at netspectre.de.
Many hunks, e.g.

        mit-scheme-9.2/src/microcode/makegen/Makefile.in.in :
        209a210,212
        > prdb4.so: prdb4.o @MODULE_LOADER@
        > $(LINK_MODULE) prdb4.o -ldb-4 $(MODULE_LIBS)

do not actually add any new lines.  The makegen/Makefile.in.in file I
find in the 9.2 source distribution already contains the same prdb4.so
rule.

If we can figure out why ./configure is not disabling prdb4 where you
are, I would be happy to fix it.

> My uses for the scheme: Generating FORTRAN-code and SHELL-scripts,
> synthesizing sound, generating xml

How do you synthesize sound?  Can you share some of the code?