[MIT-Scheme-devel] I want to simplify parser and unparser

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] I want to simplify parser and unparser
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 22:40:09 -0800

I'd like to drastically reduce the number of parameters supported by the parser and the unparser.

In particular I'd like to simplify them so that they are more closely focused on reading and printing Scheme syntax, and not have so many bells and whistles to allow them to be used for other purposes.

All that crap is of minimal utility, nearly all of it is undocumented, and it makes those programs considerably more complex than they need to be. In the case of the parser it is constraining my ability to implement Unicode support -- it won't stop me, but the result will be more complex than I'd like.

So, are there any serious objections to my doing this? Speak up in the next few days or I'm going to do it.