[MIT-Scheme-devel] FFI callbacks as struct members

From: Joel Gustafson
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] FFI callbacks as struct members
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 08:27:52 +0000

Hello all!
I'm trying to writing bindings for libsoundio (http://libsound.io), and am struggling with callbacks. Callbacks in libsoundio are members of structs, while all of the MIT Scheme FFI callback examples pass callbacks as arguments into functions.
Specifically, there's a struct OutStream that has a member write_callback that I need to set.

struct OutStream {
void *userdata;
void (*write_callback)(struct OutStream *, int min, int max);
}

In the libsoundio examples it's done directly with outstream->write_callback = write_callback;
How can I declare and set a Scheme callback in a struct like this?

Thanks and hello,
- Joel