Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Installing 9.2 OS X Binary on macOS Sierra Macboo

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Installing 9.2 OS X Binary on macOS Sierra Macbook air
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 18:12:13 -0400

Mohamed,

I'm able to start the MIT-GNU Scheme on a Mac from Emacs and use it by adding this to my .emacs file:

(add-to-list 'exec-path "/Applications/MIT:GNU Scheme.app/Contents/Resources")

(eval-after-load 'scheme
  '(setq scheme-program-name "mit-scheme"))

I don't get far launching from Finder, because of a startup error:

$ open /Applications/MIT\:GNU\ Scheme.app/Contents/MacOS/macosx-starter
/Applications/MIT:GNU Scheme.app/Contents/Resources/mit-scheme: can't find a readable default for option --band.
searched for file all.com in these directories:
/Applications/MIT:GNU Scheme.app/Contents/Resources?
/usr/local/lib/mit-scheme-x86-64

Inconsistency detected.

I'm using Sierra 10.12.3

Happy SICP'ing!