Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Installing 9.2 OS X Binary on macOS Sierra Macboo

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Installing 9.2 OS X Binary on macOS Sierra Macbook air
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:59:00 -0400

> Just to clarify: when you say `interact with the REPL', are you
> talking about the Edwin REPL or the console REPL?

Well, one of the errors is Edwin failing to start ("Input/output
error") and that's the CPU spiking one.  I can reproduce by

1) starting a new terminal,
2) running macosx-starter located in /Applications/MIT-GNU-Scheme.app and then
3) having it fail to start Edwin with aforementioned error but the
process sticks around, and then
4) exiting the terminal results in a detached mit-scheme process that
consumes a bunch of cpu.

> if the console doesn't respond to `C-c b', then there's
> something very strange afoot.

Indeed, something most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered.