Re: Scheme Coprocessor (Deuxieme partie)

From: Scheming Pony
Subject: Re: Scheme Coprocessor (Deuxieme partie)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 13:56:54 +0000

> Thanks Joe for referencing Scheme86; I didn't even know the .ps files are still online!
Thanks to you too, sir.  Even a few words (here again quite helpful to my own work) from some of you who developed Scheme is quite encouraging.  I was using Pascal at the time, sorry I couldn't help.

> no advances in any GC technology that probably happened in the last 30 years!
Hmm... "Someone" pointed out to me that garbage collection might be a good thing to look at pushing to hardware, possibly with opcode extensions.

In re SCode--PreScheme is another idea I had been looking at.  I couldn't get the 3L project to boot, but it references PreScheme and Scheme48, as well as Strandh's LispOS ideas.

Now on to convincing Mr. Birkholz to add my "hey-duck" search function in Edwin and automatically edit out my puns in Imail.

P.S.
I've attached a daguerreotype of me from my "CV" taken in my Wyoming territory days, edited with Gimp (I think it uses Scheme as a scripting language).  That's Lambda Pony in the upper right corner (her image cropped because she invoked her copyright :)

--
Stewart Milberger

 ^|||^
 \. ./ Scheming