For running mit-stable inside container environment

From: Aisuko LI
Subject: For running mit-stable inside container environment
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 16:43:51 +0800

Hi, all,

Thanks to you guys for continuing to release the new release of mit-scheme so fast.

I'm a new maintainer of the GNU Hurd project, and as you know I always get suggestions from other maintainers of GNU. And these suggestions helped me get more depth in the GNU project.

And I got the idea from the maintainer of GNU Guix OS, the mit-scheme is a good starting point for me.

So, I try to install mit-scheme and follow the book to learn it. Due to the multiple OS arch and I developed an development environment of mit-scheme on VSCode and contributed to Microsoft(the container tool can build and run without VSCode if there need,but VSCode is a really nice tool )

the project address below:

https://github.com/microsoft/vscode-dev-containers/tree/main/containers/mit-scheme

As you can see, the Dockerfile is based on debian and installed mit-scheme 11.1.

Due to container technology widespread, I believe this tool can make simple of the install of mit-scheme(for the newer or students who want a try on mit-scheme as quick as possible)

So, would you maybe help to add this tool to the official document below?
https://www.gnu.org/software/mit-scheme/

Or, there you guys have other good ideas to tell people to try binary or container.

As you can see below, the container inside the environment already installed the mit-cheme.

Screenshot from 2021-06-25 16-32-49.png

Thanks

Aisuko Li