Re: Rocky MMXXII: "Proof of Life"

From: Stewart J. Milberger
Subject: Re: Rocky MMXXII: "Proof of Life"
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 22:19:48 +0000

"I don't know Dr. Sussman, and he don't know me", the aging pugilist said to Adrian.

"There's no way they're going to upload me to MIT Scheme Edwin and be the brains for a battlebot."

Rocky's aging body, now prunelike, shifted in the rocking chair.

"I get it...Sussman's trapped in the parser for Julia, and he has to be extracted before they rewrite it in metacircular Julia."

"But I just can't compete with the 'bot they are uploading Bezanson's brain to."  Gigantatron, Julia's robot, had millions of dollars in venture funding, and Edwiniac was cobbled together with spare threaded rod stock and fan motors.

Rocky fell asleep, and...