nss-mysql-devel

Re: [Nss-mysql-devel] Solaris patch

From: Kevin W. Brown
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-devel] Solaris patch
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 17:42:20 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, Guillaume Morin wrote:

> Dans un message du 17 mar ? 13:33, Kevin W. Brown ?crivait :
> > >
> > > Ok, I'll take care of that.
> >
> > OK.  Should I wait until you've completed that before I post my patch?
> > That way, I can re-write the patch so it compiles on all platforms.
>
> Ok, I've done it. OS is defined to the host os and I've introduced a
> test for nsswitch.h. Check out the CVS.

OK.  I'll grab it from CVS..

> > > I'll do this too.
>
> Hmm, very weird, configure does it. Have you tried the CVS version ?

No, but I will.

> > following lines from:
> >
> > #include <mysql/mysql.h>
> > #include <mysql/my_pthread.h>
> >
> > to:
> >
> > #include <mysql.h>
> > #include <my_pthread.h>
> >
> > I have MySQL installed in /usr/local/mysql, so I passed configure an
> > argument of --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql.  Will the above changes break
> > compiling on Linux?
>
> Won't '--with-mysql=/usr/local' work ?

I don't think so.  If I use that argument, then won't it look for the
mysql libraries in /usr/local/lib?  Since I have mysql installed in
/usr/local/mysql, the libraries are located in /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql.
When I ran configure with --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql it generated a
Makefile with -L/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql on the LDFLAGS line.  The
'#include <mysql/mysql.h>' line would tell the compiler to look in
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/mysql for mysql.h, which isn't right.

       Kevin W. Brown      | 2975B Manchester Rd. | E-Mail: address@hidden
 Quantum Internet Services | Manchester, MD 21102 |  Voice: 410-239-6920