nss-mysql-devel

Re: [Nss-mysql-devel] Multiple users with same UID

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-devel] Multiple users with same UID
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 15:43:32 +0200

Hi,

Dans un message du 26 May à  1:17, Network Operations écrivait :
> I have multiple "users" with the same UID.  I know this is not a good
> idea, but it allows us the give two users identical file access to a
> library and allows them to control permissions.
>
> Question is, can a "LIMIT 1" be put in the MySQL query to allow "ID
> user" to print one username?

Well, if the question is 'I put LIMIT 1, will it be harmless', the
answer is yes. But I do not plan to integrate that in the code. Maybe at
some point, I could add 'skip checks' option.

Regards,

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

    Marianne rebelle me disait qu'elle est plus jolie métissée (Noir Désir)