nss-mysql-devel

[Nss-mysql-devel] [ 101504 ] id command VERY slow

From: nobody
Subject: [Nss-mysql-devel] [ 101504 ] id command VERY slow
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 18:15:16 -0500

Support Request #101504, was updated on 2002-Nov-07 16:26
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101504&group_id=443

Category: None

By: marcus
Date: 2002-Dec-03 18:15
Logged In: NO
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.15; Mac_PowerPC)

Hi Guillaume

Thanks very much for your reply, but I'm afraid none of
your suggestions have made much difference. In fact,
the problem is getting worse. The ls command is also
very slow if the files being listed are owned by a user
stored in the nss-mysql database.

I have tried optimising and even rebuilding the mysql
database, but to no avail - and all of the important fields
are definitely indexed. I have also tried tuning the mysql
server with loads of extra memory etc, but still no
change. I have even tried updating glibc (to 2.2.4-31) in
case the newer nss api is faster.

nss-mysql is not in debug mode, it was built with the
defaults (./configure). Also, unfortunately I can't use
nscd as users must be able to change their username
without having to wait for the cache to refresh. I could
make them wait as a last resort, but I'm reluctant to as I
don't think this is really addressing the cause of the
problem.

Any more ideas would be very gratefully received.

Kindest regards

Marcus

By: gmorin