nss-mysql-devel

[Nss-mysql-devel] nss-mysql segfault in perl?

From: Shane DeRidder
Subject: [Nss-mysql-devel] nss-mysql segfault in perl?
Date: 26 Feb 2003 15:34:54 -0500

I'm using nss-mysql on an active mail server.  I'm having some problems
with Perl and nss-mysql.  Normal /etc/{passwd,shadow,group} lookups are
working fine, however, users that are looked up via nss-mysql are
causing Perl to segfault immediately after receiving the user's login
information from mysql.

Were running nss-mysql from CVS (0.43 is also affected by this).

mySQL v3.23.54a (compiled separately - not an RPM)

All this is on RedHat 8.0.

Any thoughts?  We're trying to get SpamAssassin working for all our
users, but currently only those in /etc/passwd  are functional.

User lookups via nss_ldap seems to be completely unaffected, but we want
to continue using Mysql for this.

Thanks,

Shane-

--
 __              _     _              Network Engineering Director
(_ |_  _.._  _  | \ _ |_)o _| _| _ ._ Silicon Dairy - Way ahead of the herd.