Re: serial mixing console?

From: joost diepenmaat
Subject: Re: serial mixing console?
Date: Thu Jun 7 12:15:02 2001

> This is slightly offtopic but the list is silent so...
>
> I'm looking for a sort of 'general purpose mixing console'
> Basicaly, it's just a couple of potentiometers(slide,knob...),
> possibly faders, with A/D convertors bound to a simple serial output to
> read the levels or events from.
> The potential usage of such a device is left as an exercise to the reader.
>
> Anybody knows if it exists (I mean, beside a joystick or a mouse...)?
> I guess it's not that hard to built but I'm almost clueless on electronics.
> If somebody has pointers (diagrams or so), please let me know.

I know there is some kind of device like this being built for buzz,
(if you want to i kan probably find the url) and there are some devices
like this for sending MIDI control commands - so you'd have to get MIDI
running with octal too...

hope this helps,
Joost.

--
Joost Diepenmaat - Software Engineer - address@hidden
    #!/usr/bin/perl -e 'print "Just another perl hacker\n";'