OSS required?

From: Roman Hunt
Subject: OSS required?
Date: Mon Nov 11 12:28:10 2002

Hello all:
  I have just checked out a copy of the cvs repository.
I plan to get the software built and running on OpenBSD 3.2-current machines of various architectures. I have noticed in output.c a #include for a system level header <sys/souncard.h> this seems to be part of the OSS system (by 4front?) I am currious if this API subsystem is required by octal or if this is optional. Does this software depend on software that isnt free? Anyway, I was just currious and thought I would ask the people who know. Have a good day.

-roman